Corporate MIS Assistant (01) – HEAD OFFICE – NG5
Reporting to the Business Development Manager
1. Purpose of the Job
The Corporate Credit and MIS Assistant supports the manager in developing practical and appropriate credit solutions that maximize the Bank’s returns while maintaining an acceptable level of risk in line with the Bank’s Credit Framework. The job holder should also ensure that he/she concentrates on data collection from various sources to analyse and conclude the future strategy of the corporate banking department.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Manage the credit risks associated with the portfolio and ensure the high quality of the portfolio.
- Review loan requests from RMs, assess clients’ financial status and Evaluate creditworthiness and risks.
- Analyse risks and calculate financial ratios (e.g., credit scores and interest rates evaluate new business credit applications from RMS and ensure timely submission to Credit team and credit committees.
- Drive presentation of credit applications at local and international credit committees.
- Ensure timely identification of accounts with early warning signals and recommend quality credit solutions for continued management within the portfolio or consideration for downgrade.
- Efficiently, and satisfactorily provide quality query resolutions from the relationship team, credit team and credit committees.
- Monitor credit conditions, risk triggers and covenants and ensure quality submissions to Credit, highlighting breaches and mitigating factors where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory credit policies. Proper maintenance of credit files and ensure audit readiness for the department at any time.
- Corporate credit analysis and modelling.
- Ability to analyse company financial statements and, identify and quantify financial and business risks.
- An interest in and understanding of financial instruments and trends in the global lending markets, with a view of providing input into the bank.
- General knowledge of practical economics relating to business, industry, and the Zambian macro-economic environment.
- A good understanding of credit ratings, portfolio theory and credit pricing skills.
- Leadership Skills with an ability to coach and mentor
3. Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a commercial field or equivalent from a reputable and recognized learning Institution.
- Work experience of not less than three (03) years
If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit your application letter together with certified copies of qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae to:
The Head – Human Capital and Administration National Savings and Credit Bank P.O. Box 30067 LUSAKA
Or you can e-mail your application to email@example.com. The closing date for receiving applications will be 17th November 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.